Monday, November 8, 2010

The great test.

Apparently being the sadist that I am I decided that I was doing too well with the no alcohol, no caffeine, no yum food, no reason to live buzz that we have been on, and I must have thought the Mr. was doing too well with it too as I agreed to let our bestie throw a bbq at our place so he could introduce us all to his new girlfriend.

Scene; A hot sunny Saturday afternoon, we've been working in the garden and the Mr in the garage and we are having a bbq on the nice sunny deck. The boys all have beers, the girls wine, another friend has their 3 month old baby and besties new girlfriend is a smoker... AWESOME

Not having booze hasn't been too bad so far, I'm not a big drinker anyway but as summer gets closer there is nothing better than a cold drink after a hard day. I quit smoking for all this TTC, of course quitting had to be done, but I am the first person to admit that I really really liked smoking. Like really really!

Arghh and then there's the baby, she's adorable but it was just the straw the broke the camels back, I managed to hold her for a little while but all of it together was just a bit too much so I kept finding things that needed doing inside so I could avoid it all.

Safe to say the besties new girlfriend probably now thinks I don't like her, or just that I'm some grumpy unsocial bitch. Either way I managed to get through the whole thing and the days after without a single breakdown. So I am one happy unsocial grumpy bitch!

High five for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment